- Adult Fiction: Room, by Emma Donoghue (Little, Brown) – my favorite book of 2010 also.
- Adult Nonfiction: Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand (Random House) – I haven’t met a single person who didn’t love this book.
- Adult Debut: Matterhorn, by Karl Marlantes (Atlantic Monthly Press and El León Literary Arts) – the buzz at this week’s BEA is about his latest book due out soon, What It’s Like To Go To War
- Young Adult: Revolution, by Jennifer Donnelly (Delacorte Books for Young Readers) – I always give my daughter a copy of the winner of the Indies Choice YA Book Award, she’s thrilled it’s a book she hasn’t read yet
E.B. White Read-Aloud Award Winners:
- Middle Reader: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, by Tom Angleberger (Amulet Books)
- Picture Book: Children Make Terrible Pets, by Peter Brown (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
Picture Book Hall of Fame Inductees (there are always three each year)
- Corduroy, by Don Freeman (Viking)
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, by Virginia Lee Burton (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats (Viking)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle (Philomel)
This is a list that will give you a heads up on what to read this summer.