- Starts @ 12:00 pm. Get Lost Travel Books, @ 1825 Market St. Travel extravaganza, with special curated selection of lit-in-translation.
- 12:30. The Green Arcade @ 1680 Market St. Lots of green and sustainable living titles, plus an interesting selection of nonfiction and fiction. Lots of each I haven’t seen anywhere else.
- 1:00. Great Books Symposium, @ 325 Hayes St. The best selection of classics I’ve seen in any one place, hands down. Plus, info on their series of “symposium” book discussion groups.
- 1:30. Books, Inc in the Castro, @ 2275 Market St. More hand-picked fiction and non, great coverage of LGBT titles, and awesome staff picks.
- 2:00. The Booksmith, @ 1644 Haight St. An SF institution, and Vollmann’s home-away-from-home when he’s in SF. There will be a special visual presentation here and a reception after we’ve shopped. (I love this bookstore!)
They’re moving a pretty fast clip! Can’t join the fun? Bookmark this post, grab a map, and walk your own tour–that is exactly what I’ll be doing the next time I’m in San Francisco.